[TriLUG] Linksys long in the tooth?

James Brigman jbrigman at nc.rr.com
Tue Jan 15 22:58:44 EST 2008

No...I'm not assuming anything, thank you. Neither did I say the world
is flat or windows is cool.

P=I*I*R --> power varies as to the square of the current, through any
given heat-generating, power-consuming device.

Aha! So why are new low-power CPU's lower voltage! Dag nabbit, I didn't
say anything about voltage. But for what it's worth, the lower voltage
pushes far lower currents across the fixed semiconductor voltage
threshholds. Whoops. P=I*I*R again.

Lower voltage, higher current products simply seem to be less reliable
than higher voltage, lower current products. Tha End.

JKB