[TriLUG] Advice on an ultra-light notebook

Kane, Kristopher R SSG kristopher.kane at iraq.centcom.mil
Wed Jan 16 14:10:31 EST 2008

I own the ASUS EEEPC and am happy with it.  If ultra portable is what
you need, this is it.  I have not verified how long the battery lasts
but it is sufficient.  No CD but has 3 USB 2.0s, VGA out, 802.11 G, web
cam, speakers/mic.

The keyboard took a little bit to get used to, but it is not
uncomfortable.  I bought the first generation and it can take 2GB DDR-2
with an additional mini PCI-E slot.  Does anyone know how to turn that
into a cell phone?

-Kane