[TriLUG] Advice on an ultra-light notebook

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:03:23 EST 2008

Ah yes, and I switched them not so they would somehow become magically
"cooler" as Mr. Jobs would have probably preferred rather so that the Family
Help Desk calls to Son/Uncle/Husband Greg would greatly reduce - and they
did!  Sure, I still get the occasional IT question; recently my sister ran
into a wicked file permission error moving locked files between her work Mac
(her hospital switched too, but I can't take credit for that) and her home
Mac.  We still solved the problem but at least this wasn't what the
questions used to be - things about popup windows, viruses, corrupted files,
lost files, "where DID that command go/what command do you use to x, y or
z", my computer BSOD on me, etc, etc, etc.

Anyway, I have to honestly say my family is much happier with their
computing experiences now that they use Macs.

"I just works"*

* almost all the time

Greg