[TriLUG] Need 300' Cat 5

Brian Henning Brian.Henning at datadirect.com
Wed Jan 16 17:13:00 EST 2008

Isn't 300' the maximum run length for Cat-5?  Be prepared to have to put
a repeater of some sort (read: cheap hub) somewhere along the length.

If you need 300', might as well go ahead and buy a spool of 500'.  Then
you've got leftovers for your next big project.  Your local big-box
hardware store may not have the best price, but will probably have the
cable.

~B