[TriLUG] Linksys long in the tooth?

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Thu Jan 17 22:06:06 EST 2008

Read some stuff about a company down South Carolina whose idea is to put
"copper pillars" on the hot spots of a microprocessor chip. Then put
Peltier junctions on top of those and then transfer the thermal energy
down pins into the mother board. A motherboad with a heat sink on the
bottom?

There are other forays off into the left field. Higher densities using
gallium arsenide. Electron Spin transistors (ooh! right out of an Eric
Flynn story!).
Even piezio electric nanopumps that pump coolant right through nano
pores in the substrate itself.

73,
Neil, WA4AZL
JARS Forever!!