[TriLUG] OT: Low cost way to offline 3 Tb

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 10:48:30 EST 2008

Tapes have gotten more expensive per gig, when you count the drive cost, and
the life of tapes is not really known.

I'd go for double-backing-up onto DVD or onto a bunch of hard drives.

WMM

On Jan 22, 2008 10:35 AM, William Sutton <william at trilug.org> wrote:

> I'm surprised nobody has suggested it yet (or at least that it hasn't made
> my inbox), but probably the lowest cost would be tapes.
>
> William Sutton
>

> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, John Mitchell wrote:
>
> > Good Morning List,
> >
> >   Does anyone have a suggestion for a low cost method of saving 3
> > TeraBytes offline?
> >
> > Ebay a huge lot of 2 Gb thumb drives?
> > A couple of cases of DVD blanks?
> > Or 3 each 1 Tb hard drives/
> >
> > Any ideas out there in Trilug land?
> >
> > john mitchell
> > --

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2