[TriLUG] DHCP renewal problems

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Tue Jan 22 14:29:37 EST 2008

I've tried the Fedora 7 live CD in 2 SC1420s and a 600SC - doing a
network restart failed on all three with this message:
   Determining IP information for eth0... /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
   /ifup-eth: line 273: 3903 Terminated /sbin/dhclient ${DHCLIENTARGS}
   ${DEVICE} failed

Note that in all 3 cases, getting an address via DHCP worked fine
when Fedora booted.

So far, googling the above has not yielded anything helpful  :(

Chris

Christopher L Merrill wrote:
> I also tried another experiment - I tried restarting the network service
> manually, without any reconfiguration or prompting from our scripts.
> It still failed.  I think I'll try the Fedora 7 Live DVD (which our
> distro is based on) and see if it has the same problem.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services