[TriLUG] Question from a basic linux user

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Tue Jan 22 23:53:51 EST 2008

A pretty good tutorial is offered here:

http://edseek.com/~jasonb/articles/linux_loopback.html

Essentially what you need to do is mount the file as if it were a device;
that requires the use of the "loopback" device.

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Associate Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA