[TriLUG] OT: Low cost way to offline 3 Tb

bak bak at picklefactory.org
Wed Jan 23 09:21:43 EST 2008

well, that thing has a got a 2Gb fibre channel interface, but that
doesn't mean you're going to get 256 MB/sec out of it -- not that anyone
seems to be saying that in this case.

plus, it's not a JBOD -- I don't think you could hook up a NetApp shelf
to some random pizzabox with an HBA and have it work.

14x500GB for $5K -- is this cheap, and the JBOD absurdly cheap, or is
the JBOD cheap, and this is expensive? :)

--bak