[TriLUG] OT: Home Security without the phone line?

Kevin J. mrkevinj at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 15:19:07 EST 2008

This company created some sort of converter that runs asterisk it seems and monitors the VoIP connection in real time: https://nextalarm.com/abn.jsp

Kevin

Christopher L Merrill <chris at webperformance.com> wrote: Greg Brown wrote:
> well together.  Does anyone have any first person experiences INCLUDING
> verification the system actually works?

I think we have our alarm hooked up to a VOIP analog adapter at the
office.  I _know_ we've never had Bellsouth at this office.  We used
to have a VOIP-to-analog converter for our fax machine, but it didn't
work well with the fax, so I _think_ we hooked it up to the alarm and
switched to e-fax or similar solution.  Our alarm was, unfortunately,
tested 2-3 months ago when the new cleaning crew set it off, so I know
it works :(

If you want to know more, my contact info is below.