[TriLUG] Posting complaint about company ...?

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Thu Jan 24 11:13:41 EST 2008

Greg Brown wrote:
> I'm confused.  Do you mean I should be comfortable in case MY employer comes
> down on me?  Or do you mean Mauricio the Rapist had to be comfortable.

Not you specifically, but anyone who is going to post a bad report about
a vendor in a public venue like this mailing list.

I had something like this happen many years ago where we had a deadbeat
vendor, who I will not name here, that I mentioned something about on
the intarwebz and he came back threatening law suits against my
employer.  Everything that I said was factual and could be backed up if
it were disputed.  But my employer just didn't want the hassle of a
lawsuit and negotiated a quick and peaceful ending by way of public
apology.  We still never used the vendor again after that, and I didn't
lose my job over it or anything, but it was still embarrassing to have
to publicly apologize for a statement that I personally would rather
have stood behind.