[TriLUG] OT: free HPLJ III (parallel port) with proportional font cartridge

bak bak at picklefactory.org
Mon Jan 28 20:40:05 EST 2008

(Getting nostalgic...)

Those things are real workhorses.  Not likely to get 50ppm, but they're
virtually indestructable.  I still have an LJ6P attached to a JetDirect
going strong after a zillion pages, grad school, Solaris 8, etc.  I
stuck a stick of FPM RAM in it (and gave myself a serious flashback) the
other day to boost the RAM to 18MB from 2MB.

It's not like one of those disposable inkjet printers or the newer, way
more complicated (and more failure-prone) LaserJets you see these days.