[TriLUG] Strange things happening with Losetup

James c. Jones jonesjc at intrex.net
Wed Jan 30 13:57:36 EST 2008

All,

While I have been playing with loop devices, I have been using losetup
and everything seemed to work okay with this command.

For no apparent reason, the last attempt to use losetup resulted in the
following:

jcj at jcj-desktop:~$ sudo losetup /dev/loop0
/dev/loop0: [1eb0]:-1208219608 () offset -1208397104, xor encryption
loop: can't get info on device /dev/loop0: No such device or address

If I use the following -- it gives an ordinary response.

jcj at jcj-desktop:~$ sudo losetup -f
/dev/loop0

Anyone have any ideas why I am getting this response?

jcj