[TriLUG] Catalyst framework

Glenn Starling GJStarling at charter.net
Thu Jan 31 13:23:08 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 12:19 -0500, Owen wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 12:12:22PM -0500, Lance A. Brown wrote:
> > Owen wrote:
> If you're able to answer this question, it could be really helpful.  How
> did you install this in a production environment? Our sysadmins prefer
> to install from RPM's rather from CPAN, even if the RPM's are from one
> of those well known but unofficial sites...

The key phrase is "Our sysadmins PREFER to install..."  So would I, but
there are times you have to go with second best.  Installing from CPAN
works, but isn't as convenient.  It is dependent upon how badly you need
the modules and how articulately you convince the powers that be, and is
inversely proportional to the sys admin's similar powers.  I'm sure the
writer of the Dilbert cartoon strip would be happy to create an exact
formula for you!

-- Glenn