[TriLUG] Automatic Wired/Wireless Network Detection in Gentoo

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Thu Jan 31 17:06:19 EST 2008

I used to have a package installed on my laptop that would automatically
start the wireless or wired network connections, depending on what was
available.  That way I didn't have to sit and wait for it to try DHCP on
a connection that didn't even have a link light.  I cannot for the life
of me remember what package did this though, can anybody think of what I
am remembering?  It was non-gui, I'm pretty sure it was just init
scripts or somesuch...

--
Randy Barlow
http://electronsweatshop.com