[TriLUG] synergy between ubuntu and Vista

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Fri Feb 1 12:21:51 EST 2008

Douglas A. Whitfield wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have to support Windoze at work, and am using Vista as the tester before
> we unfortunately roll it out (or maybe we'll skip Vista, that decision
> remains to be seen, but I'm testing, regardless).  I am wanting to get the
> application synergy (http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/) working between my
> ubuntu laptop and the Vista box.  I have gotten synergy to work between this
> Vista box and an XP laptop, so I know it can work with Vista (though I do
> get a compatibility notice).  I haven't been able to find much on the
> issue.  Just this post on ubuntuforums.org:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4248946 .

Any error messages?  If not, can you run client and server in verbose
mode?  You should see why they aren't connecting that way.  BTW - are
you using the same version of syngery on both machines?  Synergy tends
to require the server and client to be the exact same version...

--
Randy Barlow
http://electronsweatshop.com