[TriLUG] CiviCRM Affinity Group and Bootcamp in Conjunction with NTEN's Non-profit Technology Conference this March

Judy Hallman hallman at email.unc.edu
Mon Feb 4 17:21:56 EST 2008

To trilug list:

I'm forwarding a message from Dave Greenberg <dggreenberg at gmail.com>.

Judy Hallman

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [civicrm-dev] CiviCRM Affinity Group and Bootcamp in
Conjunction with NTEN's Non-profit Technology Conference this March
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 12:12:22 -0800
From: Dave Greenberg <dggreenberg at gmail.com>
To: CiviCRM Developer Community <civicrm-dev at lists.civicrm.org>,
CiviMail Users <civicrm-mail at lists.civicrm.org>

If you're attending (or thinking about attending) NTEN's Non-profit
Technology Conference in New Orleans this March - check out these
CiviCRM related happenings...

Developer Bootcamp - March 18-19 in New Orleans
If you're a developer / integrator who wants to learn more about the
inner-workings of CiviCRM AND you're planning on attending NTC in New
Orleans in March - we're looking to hold a developer bootcamp on March
18-19 (prior to NTC). The bootcamps are oriented around
"learning-by-doing" - so we encourage each participant to bring in a
CiviCRM-related project to work on. Topics / projects may include:
* review of code architecture and schema
* CiviCRM forms - building, validation, processing
* creating custom search interfaces
* using the APIs
* working on a "pet" enhancement for core

The expenses for putting this on are quite a bit steeper than for last
years San Francisco sessions. We need to cover international air fare
for a lead developer, domestic air fare, hotels and potentially
meeting room rental. Therefore the cost per person for the two days
will be $1,000 - and we'll need a minimum of six participants. Due to
generous support from a CiviCRM supporter, we can offer a $200
discount to the first 5 participants who need assistance. This is
first come, first served - so let me know ASAP if you can commit to
attending the session AND need assistance with the fee.

You can register for this Bootcamp by sending an email to dave at
civicrm dot org. Please include a brief description of your background
and what you'd be interested in focusing on during the sessions.

*************************
CiviCRM Affinity Group
*************************
Judy Hallman is organizing a CiviCRM Affinity Group meeting in
conjunction with the 2008 NTC Conference in New Orleans:
http://www.nten.org/ntc

The conference runs from March 19 - 21, and the Affinity Group is
scheduled for Wednesday, March 19 at 10:30am in room Gallier B. This
is a great way to meet other CiviCRM users, share experiences and
tips, ask questions and create connections.

Judy has posted a draft agenda for the session - feel free to add your
suggestions at:

http://forum.civicrm.org/index.php/topic,2057.msg8960.html#msg8960

If you're planning on attending, please add your name to the signup
sheet on the wiki, so we can get an idea of who / how many people are
going to be there.

http://wiki.civicrm.org/confluence/x/LIBH

--
Best regards,