[TriLUG] synergy between ubuntu and Vista

Douglas A. Whitfield whitdoug at email.unc.edu
Tue Feb 5 12:46:17 EST 2008

Well, I assume this would have been mentioned since I pasted what I typed,
but the computer name is just the stuff at the @ sign in terminal, right?
Also, I'm not on a domain, but is there anything I should be putting
afterwards?  I know on Windoze here we use name.dev.unc.edu.  I tried that
and just name.unc.edu and neither worked, so I'm assuming nothing else would
work.  Would the fact that I'm dual booting and using the same IP but
different computer names matter?  I can nslookup the Windows name.  I'll see
if I can figure out how to rename in Linux.