[TriLUG] fighting with Perl on Windoze

Douglas A. Whitfield whitdoug at email.unc.edu
Wed Feb 20 23:00:44 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp at pobox.com> wrote:
>  Have you tried using Cygwin?  This is my solution to most open-source on
>  Windows problems (I'm forced to use Windows myself at $JOB, but do
>  everything I can in cygwin.)
>
>  --Jeremy

I've never used cygwin.  I assume given this comment it can access
windows resources.  I had trouble installing the MSDE module on Linux,
I think because it needed Windows specific packages, so I'm curious as
to if cygwin will do it.  I'll let you know once I've had a chance to
test it out...perhaps not until Monday, but probably before.

Thanks for the help!

--
Douglas A. Whitfield

UNC SILS, May 2008
Co-Founder Carolina Open Source Initiative
http://www.ibiblio.org/cosi
cell: 919-360-0306