[TriLUG] TriLUG Meeting Survey Results

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 17:23:42 EST 2008

As some of you know, we've been considering moving the meetings from
Red Hat to another Triangle location.  While Red Hat has been very
gracious to let us meet in their space, the location is not ideal for
everyone and we're missing some familiar faces due to the distance
they'd have to drive.  GDK's wife will also thank us.  Still, I didn't
want to make a decision without polling the membership, so I asked you
all to participate in this survey.

BTW, this survey is still open.  If you have not yet participated,
please do so at
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=YQdd9sVgUy9SwOf28LM9Yg_3d_3d .
It's only 3 questions.

1. How does meeting at Red Hat work for you?

43.9% of you said that are fine with the current location at Red Hat.
While 56.1% of you said that it was either too far to drive or that it
was a bit inconvenient, that's a pretty thin margin on which to base a
move.  I'd like to hear some more discussion about the potential
move...maybe from all those voices that were so vocal during the CoC
mess.

2.  Where would you prefer meetings to be, if not at Red Hat?

65.5% of you said 'RTP or somewhere equally central,' so if we move,
it will be to RTP.

3. Would you be interested in some kind of semi-regular, supplementary
meeting, e.g. getting together for open source or Linux related
discussion over $beverage?

81% of you said, "Yes."  How about next Friday at Tyler's Tap Room in
Durham?  Say 4:30?

MPF