[TriLUG] fighting with Perl on Windoze

Justis Peters jtrilug at indythinker.com
Thu Feb 21 23:43:17 EST 2008

Douglas A. Whitfield wrote:
> Does anyone with working knowledge of Perl on Windows want to help me
> install an MSDE module (yes, yes, I know)?  I've used CPAN to try to
> get such working, but I am getting dependency errors and when I try to
> install the modules on which DBIx::MSSQLReporter is dependent, I still
> get errors.
Douglas,

A coworker of mine shared this link with me today and I thought of you.
"andLinux" is still in beta, but it might be an interesting option to
explore.  It might just solve your problem.  It certainly looks like a
better candidate than Cygwin.  Check out this blog post:

http://lifehacker.com/358208/seamlessly-run-linux-apps-on-your-windows-desktop

Best of luck.

Kind regards,
Justis Peters