[TriLUG] the future of programming (was Piece of History)

Justis Peters jtrilug at indythinker.com
Mon Feb 25 00:29:57 EST 2008

Kevin J. wrote:
> Many of the things you said are some of the very reasons why I, and several other members of our local (UC)LUG, created the Free Linux PC program (www.freelinuxpc.org). It seems very obvious, to me anyway, that the time has come for every child to have at least a basic introduction to technology; and awareness of how information is created, controlled, modified, and disseminated.
>
> It's happening all around the world already. Children, even in slums, are getting access to the same information that kids in wealthier nations have access to; and they are quite often much more motivated to learn and excel. The combined brain power of the human species is just mind-boggling; and I think we're just at the very beginning of a tremendous awakening of knowledge and communication.

Kevin,

I don't have time to respond at length, but wanted to at least stand up
and applaud you.  What you and your peers are doing with the "Free Linux
PC program" is a perfect example of what I meant by "It's up to us to
build the signposts along the road."  Kudos to you!

Kind regards,
Justis Peters