[TriLUG] Lessig for congress?

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Mon Feb 25 09:44:51 EST 2008

Kevin Flanagan wrote:
> So, has anyone else noticed that there is a movement to draft Lawrence
> Lessig to run for the recently available seat in California?

Yes.  I did my research before sending him any $$$.  For the
libertarians, moderates, and conservatives here, Lessig may not be the
candidate for you.  As a Congressman, he will have to vote on many
issues outside of the few causes that he is known for working on.  As a
self-described "Liberal Democrat", it may be a matter of taking two
steps forward and three steps back if your political outlook isn't
compatible with that.