[TriLUG] knoppix is dormant?

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at hrivnak.org
Sat Mar 1 17:28:39 EST 2008

What's the deal with knoppix?  I noticed this week that there hasn't even been
an update since January 4, 2007.

Like many of you, I have numerous fond memories of rescuing systems with
knoppix.  Of course it's especially glorious to rescue a non-linux system
with knoppix!  I'm running knoppix right now while I wait for a
warranty-replacement hard drive to show up from WD.

Has knoppix just gone out of style?  Is there a better suggestion for an
ubuntu user?  Perhaps I should just use ubuntu's bootable CD.

Michael