[TriLUG] Recommendations for Linux bare metal restore

Kevin J. mrkevinj at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 10:24:59 EST 2008

One of our LUG members, David Nalley (also a Fedora Ambassador), has been playing around with Cobbler (http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/), and has been very impressed. We are planning to use it for the FLPC program to push out images on to donated equipment for distribution. It is designed for Fedora, CentOS, and RedHat, however, and I'm not sure how easy it is to use with other distros though I'm sure it's possible to do.

[As an aside, if anyone on the list is good with Ubuntu/Debian and has the time to help me set up Cobbler to work with Edubuntu 7.10, I'd be very grateful. You can contact me off list or send an e-mail to freelinuxpc at gmail.com.]

Kevin