[TriLUG] Ubuntu boot disk does not recognize harddrives

Douglas A. Whitfield whitdoug at email.unc.edu
Mon Mar 10 22:09:15 EDT 2008

Alright, Linux installed, now no wireless (and there's a few other
issues too, but Internet is the most important one).  I have two
wireless adapters.  Neither works.  One does pick up signal, but will
not connect.  Both are USB adapters.  I have no access to a wired
connection.  Perhaps it's time to buy a new router so I can once again
have wired...it got struck by lightning a while back and all but the
port to the modem is busted.  Somehow the wireless still works on the
laptop (and on XP on the desktop before I blew it away).  Thoughts on
keeping me with wireless so I don't have to buy a router until after I
graduate and have a real job?

Thanks!