[TriLUG] Apache serving wrong website

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Tue Mar 11 11:17:58 EDT 2008

I was debugging a similar issue just last week (thanks, jtower).

There is no need for an IP address after VirtualHost.  You can put a
"*" in its place.

What do you get if you just hit the machine's IP directly, without
trying to go to (something.)domain.org?

If there is no match, you *should* get the first virtual host entry.
For that reason, you should list your "default" entry first, and the
other entries later.

Also, make sure you "service apache stop ; service apache start".
I am not sure that "service apache restart" will necessarily re-read
the config files.

Alan

.