[TriLUG] Apache serving wrong website

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 11:40:04 EDT 2008

/usr/sbin/apachectl graceful will do a config reload :)
no starting and stopping necessary

WMM

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Douglas Ward <dward at nccumc.org> wrote:

> I'll provide some more detail:
>
> - I host 40+ virtual domains on this box.  They are all working properly
> except for this one.
> - I make all of the folder names the same as the domain name.  It makes it
> easier for me to keep up with them all.
> - If I browse to the machine by IP address I get the first domain listed
> in
> the virtual file.
> - I have three A records in Bind: one for www.domain.org. one for
> domain.organd one for
> sub.domain.org.  They all point to the same IP address.
> - I have restarted apache since changing vhosts.conf.
>
> There is no default site since this box hosts virtual domains.  It seems
> that apache only sees the second entry.  It's not a caching issue since I
> have duplicated it from multiple operating systems, locations and
> computers.  All of the normal domains work properly.  It's just this one
> scenario where I try to set up the sub domain along with the domain name
> that is giving me the problem.  Thanks!
>
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Amnon <amnon at deltaforce.net> wrote:
>
> > >  DocumentRoot /var/www/sub.domain.org
> >
> > I am no expert, but first off I think this path should be a folder not a
> > domain
> > name.
> >
> > > The server sends all traffic to the main domain website.  I need
> > browsers
> > > that visit sub.domain.org to be sent to the correct site.  It was my
> > > understanding that as long as the sub domain was first in the
> > configuration
> > > file it would work.  Am I missing something?  Shouldn't apache be able
> > to do
> > > this?  I need to host both of these sites on the same server.  Any
> > advice
> > > would be most appreciated.  Thank you!
> >
> > You probably need to list that sub domain in your dns file for that
> > domain.
> >
> > This is how it is done here.
> >
> > Shalom Y'all
> > Amnon Nissan
> >
> > Deltaforce
> > 919-852-2121
> > http://www.deltaforce.net
> >
> > Host, Computers 2K8
> > on 850 The Buzz  (AM 850) in Raleigh NC
> > Sundays 8-10am
> > http://www.850thebuzz.com/compute/
> > Listen Live @ http://www.mainstreamnetwork.com/listen/asx/wrbz.asx
> >
> > MV stuff are at:
> >  http://www.deltaforce.net/deuce/
> >  http://www.ncmvpa.com
> >

> > --

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2