[TriLUG] fsck script?

Maarten Lippmann m.w.lippmann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 14:06:47 EDT 2008

matt's right, it's tune2fs:

tune2fs -i 60d -c 0
wouls force a fsck on the first reboot every 60 days in stead of every
30 mounts.
and my suggestion to do it manually only works on filesystems you can
unmount of course...
but at least the esc key will get you out of trouble if you need to cancel one

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Maarten Lippmann
<m.w.lippmann at gmail.com> wrote:
> next time this happens, press escape  (stops it and continues booting)
>  and run fsck manually as you said.
>  That fixes it.
>
>  theres also a config file or thing you can run to disable the counter.
>  let me look up what that was.
>

>  On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Byarlay, Wayne A. <wab at purdue.edu> wrote:
>  > Greetings all,
>  >
>  >  Recently, I had a server reboot atof course as Alan said, only run fsck on an unmounted filesystem.

the config option is in
. a very crucial time, and upon