[TriLUG] and free dns hosting

Noah Fontes impl at cynigram.com
Wed Mar 12 21:07:01 EDT 2008

I use zoneedit.com (for most things), xname.org (for its wildcard
support), and freedns.afraid.org (for its IPv6 support)
simultaneously. xname isn't as reliable as the others, but it's got a
lot of configuration options. A bit crazy, probably, but hey.

I've also had luck with dyndns, but I don't like how domains expire
after having not been updated for a while (for example, I have a
dynamic IP that changes about once every 6 months).

(On a somewhat unrelated note, I've taken a liking to nsd
[http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/nsd/] as a DNS server.)

Regards,

--
Noah Fontes