[TriLUG] domain registrars

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Mar 13 09:59:05 EDT 2008

> Also true. Thankfully, once you get past the crazy home page, the
> domain management interface is much more clean and useful. Do you
> have your name servers with them too? I have my DNS hosted elsewhere
> because I couldn't find where they would host that without also
> buying one of their hosting plans, which I don't need. If they do
> offer DNS hosting along with a domain but without a web hosting
> account, then they do a very poor job of advertising that.

Yes, my DNS is with GoDaddy.  When you go to the page where you
specify nameservers, it says this:

"Select default parked, default hosted, or custom nameservers."

If your domain(s) are hosted here, choose 'Default Hosting Nameservers.'
If your domain(s) are parked here, choose 'Default Parked Nameservers.'
If your domain(s) are hosted somewhere else, choose 'Custom Nameservers.'

You want "custom" and then enter the same name servers that you
currently have listed.  It should look like NS<number>.domaincontrol.com.

Alan