[TriLUG] rdesktop any good?

Israel J. Pattison pattison at usa.com
Wed Mar 19 15:52:41 EDT 2008

Some OEM licensed Windows installations are tied to the system BIOS.  These
Windows installs must boot on bare metal in order to retrieve it's
activation code out of BIOS.  You cannot turn these installations into VMs
with the VMware converter.  Nor can you run these installations in VMware
from another operating system.  My office system (Dell Optiplex GX620) is
like this.  If I were to ever try booting a vm based on that install I would
get a blue screen of death.

Israel