[TriLUG] Adobe Photoshop going online

Douglas A. Whitfield whitdoug at email.unc.edu
Fri Mar 28 10:40:14 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Ruth Suehle <wuzzled at gmail.com> wrote:

> If by "big news" you mean "woohoo, Photoshop on Linux," you obviously
> haven't tried it yet. There are about 15 things you can do to your
> pictures,
> including Distort. Now that's useful. Hardly actual Photoshop. Not even
> Photoshop Elements. There's a test drive on the site so you can try it out
> without signing up.
>
> Ruth

Nope, hadn't tried it.  I have no personal need for any sort of image
editing other than cropping the occasional screenshot.  Most people that
pretend they need Photoshop don't really anyway, but maybe being able to do
small things will at least make them think about switching.  I heard
Microsoft is working on their version of Google Docs, which could have some
of the same affect I think...people who never really use anything Word has
that OOo doesnt but won't switch because they think they do.  Having a
familiar name could help them out.

> Only if it's going to be offered in Flash. By "any operating system,"
folks usually mean Windows and Mac, but it does sound like it will be done
in Flash.

> Kevin

Right, I assume they haven't really tested on every operating system and
every browser, but since Adobe owns Flash, it would make sense for it to be
in Flash.