[TriLUG] Wordpress alternatives

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 20:47:13 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu> wrote:

>  > What I do with my wordpress installs:
>  >
>  >   * Akismet
>  >   * Bad Behavior
>  >   * moderate 1st post by new registrant
>
>  See, you *are worried* about blog security. At least enough to do
>  something about it.

Fair enough. :)

I just feel like the term "security" gets abused. I walked by somebody
blathering on about how businesses aren't using the iphone "because
it's not secure" on my way to grab coffee this morning. I resisted the
temptation to engage in conversation. Security is process; security is
confidentiality, availability, integrity. Security is ponies and
unicorns. Any advice we give here on how to "securely" run a blog will
either be detailed, contextual and dated or it will be timeless and
useless.

To run a blog securely, pick a project you trust, run directly from
their release, and engage in their community. At a minimum "engage"
means be on their announce list. There. That was relatively timeless
and relatively useless.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer