[TriLUG] Storage, more Storage and even More Storage

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 11:03:53 EDT 2008

You might also consider a SATA on USB. My USB HD from BeyondMicro is 350GB
and also had a cable to attach directly to a SATA if I ever wanted to do
that instead of USB. I'm guessing its a vanilla SATA inside so you could
upgrade disk in the container in a few years. Really handy to carry around
with you too as it works as a USB drive on whatever OS. It is much, much
faster than my older 80GB IDE USB drives or my thumb drives. Much faster
than a circa 2004 notebook drive/drive system and not much noticeably slower
than internal transfers on SATA drives.

Tim