[TriLUG] Kickstart Question

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Thu Apr 3 16:12:56 EDT 2008

I'm building a kickstart for internal use. I want to force it to use
CDROM media but I have a post install that needs to connect external. As
this is used for server installs, I want to have the user prompted for
network settings but not use the network for the install, i.e. nfs or
http.

The install is autopartition, auto-package selection, auto-"everything"
save the network settings. I want the user to put in hostname, IP,
netmask, and gateway.

I've tried the following lines but they still just blow right past the
network and start the install:

network --bootproto=static --nameserver=10.0.0.1 --device=eth0

network --bootproto=query --nameserver=10.0.0.1 --device=eth0

Ideas?

TIA