[TriLUG] Hiding USB thumb drive partitions...

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Sat Apr 5 15:19:56 EDT 2008

So, I have recently turned in my 128MB USB thumb-drive, and upgraded to
something more this century.

2GB.

(Yeah, yeah, I know, there's 8GB ones that are pretty cheap, but I
really only needed the 256MB... so this is way more space than I need.)

So I decided to put the sysrescCD on it.  Works great.  But now when I
put the drive in to store stuff on it, I see all the files needed for
that... they just get in the way.

So I repartition it, 256 for the sysresccd and the rest for me...

Now I see 2 drives when I insert the thing...

So, finally, my question.  Is there a way to make Linux (and other OS's
that shall go unnamed) ignore the first partition on this drive, while
still leaving it bootable/usable as the sysresccd?

TIA,
CJK