[TriLUG] Hiding USB thumb drive partitions...

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sun Apr 6 14:01:37 EDT 2008

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008, Craig Taylor wrote:

>> So, finally, my question.  Is there a way to make Linux (and other OS's
>> that shall go unnamed) ignore the first partition on this drive, while
>> still leaving it bootable/usable as the sysresccd?

I don't know, but I'll take the mathematical point of view

Can you make a partition which is designed to be visible to
any application that's interested in partitions, visible to
some of these applications and not to others?

I would expect not.

You can make a partition hidden, but then nothing will see
it (AFAIK). You have to unhide the partition to reveal it
again.

Joe