[TriLUG] Maildir too full?

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Wed Apr 16 16:26:49 EDT 2008

Hi TriLUG!  I've been experiencing some strange slowness with my e-mail.
  I'm using IMAP (cyrus) to access my e-mail, which is first filtered by
procmail and then put into my maildir.  It used to operate very quickly,
but lately I've had a problem with deleting e-mails taking a very long
time (something like 10-30 seconds), with a lot of hard drive access.
Is this normal behavior for a mail directory that has a lot of mail in
it, or do I have some fragmentation going on, or something else?  What
would you recommend to circumvent this problem?  Thanks!

--
Randy Barlow
http://electronsweatshop.com