[TriLUG] Triangle Open Source Lab invitation 24 Apr 2008 @ 7 PM - Trixbox on Ubuntu in VM

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Tue Apr 22 21:33:00 EDT 2008

Dear Fellow Linux Users,

Please join us at the Marbles Kids Museum (formerly Exploris) for our next meeting on 24 April 2008 from 7 PM until 9 PM.

Agenda: We plan to use the Trixbox guest operating system on VMware server on Ubuntu to make local calls from one extension to another as well as to connect to the public switched telephone network with VoIP. At our last meeting, our unit under test failed. Prior to continuing with our main agenda, we will take the hard drive from the failed notebook PC, insert it into another notebook PC that is the same model and hope it boots.

As for the minutes from the last meeting, well, there are none. We went to Tir Na Nog and drank golden nectar from the heavens.

***

In general, we decide on topics based on group consensus of the folks that attend.  If you are expecting a speaker and formal presentation, don't come. You will be sorely disappointed. This group is a lab format and relies on participation from attendees. We do it instead of talk about it. Let us know if you want to get involved.

Triangle Open Source Lab http://www.triangleopensource.org normally meets on 4th Thursday evenings from 7 PM to 9 PM at Marbles Kids Museum in the room adjacent to the IMAX theater.  Meetings are open to the general public and are free yet require registration by calling Jim at 838-1672 or sending email to jim at neuse.net so we can plan accordingly.  Many thanks to Tim Hazlehurst at Marbles Kids Museum for hosting our meeting.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks
tel: 919-838-1672 cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.NeuseRiverNetworks.com

Connecting You to the World since 1997 with Managed Services, IT Outsourcing and Network Communications Systems for Voice, Video and Data

PS Here's the info on Marbles Kids Museum:

Marbles Kids Museum
201 E Hargett St
Raleigh NC 27601

Web Site: http://www.marbleskidsmuseum.org

There is street parking as well as a parking deck adjacent to the museum.