[TriLUG] OT: VPN capable smart phone

Josh Vickery josh at vickeryj.com
Thu Apr 24 17:18:16 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Owen <oberry at trilug.org> wrote:
> That is interesting news ... thanks for passing it on. Unfortunately I
>  just realized that there's a requirement that we use Sprint for service. :-(

Using Sprint will narrow your options a bit, but not terribly. You can
still use the Nokia tablets, but make sure that your phone data plans
allow tethering.

You could also call Sprint business and see if they offer any sort of
"enterprise" data plans for their phones

Another fun option might be the Asus EEE PC with a Sprint USB EV-DO
adapter (http://www.radparker.com/2007/11/asus-eee-pc-and-sprint-evdo-easy.html).

Josh