[TriLUG] OT: Have A Job

Ryan Leathers rleathers at americanri.com
Thu Apr 24 17:19:17 EDT 2008

I have an opening for a full time software developer in Morrisville NC.
Please reply to me OFF-LIST

The environment is casual. The team of 9 is excellent. The work is
interesting.

You can install any flavor of Linux you like on your desktop, but if its
not Debian or Ubuntu you need to be able to support it yourself while
remaining productive.

We use a lot of Open Source here. We also build a lot of our own stuff.
We prefer to use existing FOSS projects where we can and build what we
must. We contribute back to the community where it makes sense to do so.

Requirements:

You need experience developing object oriented applications
You must be smart as hell
You need to be able to check your ego at the door
You have to be able to communicate with the rest of the team
You need to be able to get on board with our philosophy

Skills

We are not stuck on any of the specifics here, but it would be great if
you were a whiz with:
Python
Django
Subversion
Trac
Eclipse
PostgreSQL
XML-RPC

or had a lot of experience with some of these:
J2EE
Tomcat
JBoss
MySQL
PHP
CSS
Action Script
Flex

We need someone with a bit of experience who can gather requirements,
design a data model, write unit tests, document well, and deliver solid
working products on schedule.

Will discuss compensation on an individual basis. REPLY OFF LIST to
rleathers AT americanri.com