[TriLUG] [offtopic] Considering a move to RDU area

Jason Watts jsnonzzr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 12:12:41 EDT 2008

so... I am considering a move to the RDU area... and am heavily leaning
towards the yes side.  Having been a member of TriLug for a while (the email
list) I know there is a rather active Linux community, but I have a few
other questions.

1)  How does the cost of living compare to the cost of living in Charlotte
(for those that have moved from the Charlotte area to the RDU area)
2) I have a sport bike... anyone on here ride know what the motorcycle
community up that way is like?
3) as with most things, you can give lots of good reasons to make a move or
to buy something... but can anyone give me any good reasons to consider as
to why I wouldn't want to move to the area? eg. shrinking IT industry ...
assuming it is

thanks,
jsn