[TriLUG] [offtopic] Considering a move to RDU area

Maxwell Spangler maxpublic08 at maxwellspangler.com
Sun Apr 27 23:15:33 EDT 2008

You are farther from the mountains in RDU, but closer to the beach,
which is a plus for people like me.  Closer to I-95 which means getting
to Charleston, Savannah, Richmond and Washington DC is quicker and
easier and.. cheaper with gas prices becoming more important.

I have a list of things I don't like about the Triangle, but coming from
Washington DC, I'd probably find the same things true about Charlotte
and other smaller-than-dc cities.

What I do like about the Triangle is the number of national and
international transplants and visitors.  You get to meet a wide variety
of people here with diverse backgrounds, perspectives and interests.  I
think I'd get bored if it was just all one type of people.

I haven't been to a trilug meeting yet, but I note that the volume and
quality of discussion on the Trilug list is as good or better than many
other lists and that is a reflection of the people on the list.

Regards,