[TriLUG] [offtopic] Considering a move to RDU area

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Wed Apr 30 14:29:53 EDT 2008

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:59:06 -0400, Randy Barlow
<randy at electronsweatshop.com> declared:
> Charlotte has an equally horrible education system
> (I am a survivor of East Meck '00!) with all the same bussing and
> such.

According to the NPR link that Cristobal* sent, the bussing in
Charlotte ended in 2001.  I wasn't aware of that, I just assumed they
still did it.  I know this is a very political topic, so please know
that I don't wish to step on anyone's toes.  My experience with bussing
wasn't that good, honestly. I know why it's there, and honestly I don't
have a better solution. And, of course, it's silly to criticize without
having a solution, so let's just say that I see what doesn't work about
bussing.

--
Randy Barlow
http://electronsweatshop.com