[TriLUG] Slackware

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Thu May 1 10:42:53 EDT 2008

Latest & greatest...
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=slackware
"Development Release: Slackware Linux 12.1 RC2
<http://distrowatch.com/4851>"
A stable Slackware <http://distrowatch.com/slackware> Linux 12.1 is just
behind the corner: "We have now
reached the Slackware 12.1 RC2 milestone. We're beyond updating packages
or fixing minor cosmetic bugs at this point. What we have here now has
proven
to be stable for our testers, so unless some real showstoppers are found
we'll
be releasing this as Slackware 12.1-final soon." In other changelog
items, the
Linux kernel has been updated to version 2.6.24.5, glibc recompiled for
the new
kernel and xine-libs fixed due to a possible security issue.
http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=04851

http://www.slackware.com/

--
Scott G. Hall