[TriLUG] TTL Serial port cable

Brian Phelps brphelps at ieee.org
Thu May 1 16:32:00 EDT 2008

Better get out your 32awg wire, spectacles, and soldring iron though to
make the mod, being that its SMD.

On mine:
$ lsusb
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 008: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices
International, Ltd 8-bit FIFO

Most FT-based use this chip which has an 8-bit fifo for CTS,RTS etc
lines.  See this for more info:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/FT245BM.htm