[TriLUG] Libertarian over-representation(was::[offtopic]Considering a move to RDU area)

James Tuttle jjtuttle at trilug.org
Fri May 2 16:37:45 EDT 2008

Yeah, well I can't get grub to show only the two most recent kernels.  I
must have the spaces wrong or something.

## controls how many kernels should be put into the menu.lst
## only counts the first occurence of a kernel, not the
## alternative kernel options
## e.g. howmany=all
##      howmany=7
# howmany=2

Scott G. Hall wrote:
> It must be the drought (ie. topic idea drought) -- lots of tinder available
> through November this year.
>
> Anyone care to wet down our fields with talk of KDE 4.0 or Ubuntu 8.04
> problems?  Or better yet, why I can't get a live distro to boot on a USB
> stick?  Or my favorite topic of the moment -- accessing ext2/3 and ReiserFS
> filesystems on Window-XP systems.  (Need to format external USB drives
> with Linux filesystems, and still read them on M$-crap)
>
> Greg Brown wrote:
>> It's been a while since we've had a serious knock-down, drag-out flame
>> war on the e-mail list (this one was more of a "flare-up", I think).
>>
>> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Jim Ray <jim at neuse.net> wrote:
>>> Bah. Beer is *much* better than popcorn except when you have to be
>>> like Windows and reboot.

---Jim Tuttle