[TriLUG] T-shirt 2.0

Shane O. shaneodonnell at gmail.com
Mon May 5 12:45:38 EDT 2008

WTF?

T-shirt designs are being submitted on both colored "shirts" (read:
templates) as well as white.  If you don't want a black shirt, don't vote
for a black shirt.

And if a black shirt wins, don't by one.

Obviously, of key import -- show up at the July meeting so you can vote.
Unless one of the God-less Libertarians on this lists coerces you not to...

Shane O.

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Scott Lambdin <lopaki at gmail.com> wrote:

> But those Bedouin-style robes are made to draft air.  I don't think our
> tshirts are going to do that.  And they won't be plummage.
>
> Black shirts get hot.  Some things don't need to be over-thought.
>
> On 5/5/08, Tarus Balog <tarus at opennms.org> wrote:
> >

> > On May 4, 2008, at 5:13 PM, David McDowell wrote:
> >
> > > lived in NC long?  the summer heat bakes you if you are in a black
> > > tshirt.
> >
> > Actually, black is both better at absorbing heat energy as well as
> > radiating it. Thus it may take you longer to get hot in a white shirt,
> > but a black shirt will keep you cooler over time, especially if there
> > is wind:
> >
> > http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mblackcool.html
> >
> > There are a lot of people in hot climates (i.e. northern africa, the
> > middle east) who wear loose fitting black clothes all of the time.
> >
> > -T

> CILCIL

Shane O.
========