[TriLUG] OT: PoE injector/splitter - recommendations?

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 09:24:16 EDT 2008

We need to power 7 WAPs (inside our office) and we are looking at
these options as a midspan injector rather than a powered switch:

4XEM EPOEMS12 – $359.99 on the Dell web site
D-Link DWL-P1012 - $469.99 on the Dell web site
PowerDsine PD-3512 - $579.99 at CDW; not carried by Dell

Currently the 5 WAPs we have online are using individual PowerDsine
units but we wanted a better, cleaner solution as our wifi grows.

Hope that helps.
David
_______
http://www.notollson540.org